'I think therefore I am.'  Descartes            'I AM THAT I AM.'  Exodus.3.        'I am what I am.'  La Cage aux Folles

17 March 2012

Margaret Whitlam RIP

A National Treasure
Wife of the outstanding Prime Minister Gough Whitlam, Margaret became first lady of Australia in 1972 and changed the role of and raised the IQ of the position. She was tall, she was intelligent, she was a patron of the arts, she was remarkable. Margaret was one of this countries most beloved and amazing women. I adored her for decades. Today she died and left the world the poorer.
In a great moment of Australian culture, it was Margaret Whitlam's Husband Gough (not a Royalist) who when he was Prime Minister appeared in a 1970's film 'The Adventures of Barry McKenzie' and on screen he dubbed Edna Everage a Dame at Sydney airport. Hence we now have Dame Edna Everage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here or in side bar or you can email me at pepispictures@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...