'I think therefore I am.'  Descartes            'I AM THAT I AM.'  Exodus.3.        'I am what I am.'  La Cage aux Folles

12 May 2013

Frankenstein

Fractal Theatre on Facebook
Last night I experienced a staged version of Frankenstein adapted and directed by the Artistic Director of Fractal Theatre - Brenna Lee-Cooney. This theatre group was formed by Brenna and her husband Eugene Gilfedder in 1989. I have coincidentally now seen Eugene Gilfedder in three productions in the last year: Elizabeth:Almost by Chance a Woman by the Queensland Theater Company and Holding The Man at La Boite Theatre. I also had the pleasure of meeting him at Benjamin Britten's War Requiem a few weeks ago.
Victor Frankenstein was played beautifully by Andrew Lowe and the Creature by the virile and impressive Cameron Hurry. The remainder of the cast played multiple roles:- Eugene Gilfedder, Thomas Yaxley who was particularly wonderful in some lovely and endearing roles, Johancee Theron, Zoe de Plevitz and the young Adam Florence.
It has been decades since I have been to The Arts Theatre when friends used to act there in great old classics like Charlie's Aunt. Arts Theater has been on the Brisbane scene since 1936 with the current building emerging and burning and re-emerging in the 60's. Many famous Australians like Garth Welch and John Batchelor put in their time there.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...