'I think therefore I am.'  Descartes            'I AM THAT I AM.'  Exodus.3.        'I am what I am.'  La Cage aux Folles

19 September 2013

Australian String Quartet

The Brisbane Festival 2013
Monday 17th September Qld Conservatorium Theatre. 
Kristian Winther (violin) Stephen King (viola) 
with Guest Artists Ioana Tache (violin) and Sharon Draper (cello)
Australian String Quartet with Andrew Ford
Mendelssohn / String Quartet in E minor op 44 no 2
Andrew Ford / String Quartet no 5 (new commission)
Arvo Pärt /  Fratres
Debussy, String Quartet in G minor op 10
This is not the ASQ but a performance of the 'Arvo Part Fratres' arranged for String Quartet as we heard this week..
Another wonderful evening of great playing and another commissioned work (this time by Andrew Ford) which happily is a regular addition to ASQ concerts. My cousin also attended and now three of us are subscribing for the 2014 season.
The remarkable and absorbed Kristian Winther who is simply amazing to watch and to hear.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...