'I think therefore I am.'  Descartes            'I AM THAT I AM.'  Exodus.3.        'I am what I am.'  La Cage aux Folles

04 August 2013

Barefoot Divas

AWESOME

Sisters, daughters, mothers goddesses. The Barefoot Divas are all these women. They have real lives and their desires, fears, compassion, love and fiery passion find their way into powerful songs leaving no man, woman or child unmoved. The awesomeness of their voice, message and stories is overwhelming and an evening no one should miss. I yelled, I cried, I applauded and I bought the CD's.
The Divas and band on stage.
Ursula Yovich lets it all fire and looking wonderful and me looking froglike. Her voice is so powerful when she wants to belt and the smoothest of beauty as she touches your heart. It is simply a remarkable voice. Starring here recently in Brecht's Mother Courage and Her Children she was described as giving a powerhouse performance and it certainly was from my centre front row seat. Ursula is also an actress in Film (Baz Lurhmann's Australia) and Television and winner of numerous awards. She has also performed at Carnegie Hall in New York and the Queen Elizabeth Hall London. Check out all you need to know at
http://www.ursulayovich.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...